li l

In a Skipton Armchair

An armchair activist's view of the political campaigns to the left (Skipton) and to the right (Keighley). From a LibDem supporter who really should get out of this armchair and help them out. I wasn't planning to update this, but then there's as much reason as ever to continue the tales on the build up to the 2009/2010 election.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

LibDems spotted!

3 weeks in and this week I'm finally handed a leaflet. A home-county-accented 20 something handed me a brief description of why Nader Fekri, LibDem candidate for Keighley, opposed the war in iraq.

On the back there's a description of him (full marks for his causes - Amnesty, medecins sans frontieres, NSPCC), below a description of a LibDem bigwig from the house of lords who's visiting Keighley that afternoon.

As this has been the biggest that any party has attempted to influence me - so I will be delighted to vote him

EXCEPT - I'm not in his constituency (5 minute drive away).